Freedom of Information Request (FOIR)
FOIA grants enrolled Quapaw Nation members the right to access government records, promoting transparency and accountability.
Authority: The Quapaw Nation Governing Resolution of 1956, Section 1(e), as amended by a majority vote of the Quapaw Indian Council July 22, 2023.
Purpose: The Quapaw Nation Business Committee has provided this form to implement a process for all FOIR submissions. The information provided on this form will be used by the Quapaw Nation Business Committee to respond to all FOIR submissions.
Use: The information provided on this form may be used by, and disclosed to, Quapaw Nation employees, and other agents of the Nation in order to assist with gathering records associated with processing your request.
Disclosure: Submitting the request is voluntary; however, failure to provide the requested information or providing inaccurate information may delay or prevent the Quapaw Nation Business Committee from processing your FOIR.
- . You must be an enrolled Quapaw Nation Tribal member over the age of eighteen (18) in order to submit a written FOIR.
- You must submit your written FOIR request by mail, email, or in-person to the Quapaw Nation Business Committee.
- Provide a detailed description of the information you are seeking.
- If you require more space, you may attach additional documents with your request form.
- All information provided in response to your request shall not be shared or posted to any public entity.
- The Business Committee shall respond in writing to all FOIR within 30 calendar days of receipt of the request.
- The Business Committee however may redact personal identifying information, medical information, unaudited financial information, or pending litigation.
- The Business Committee has authority by a duly adopted resolution, to apply additional exceptions for redacting information not mentioned above in Section 7; however, the Business Committee must include a written statement with the redacted information to any FOIR explaining the reason for the redaction or denial.