Benefit - $950 per enrolled tribal member
This service is limited to the Head of Household. Head of Household is defined as the person who applies for the assistance. If there is more than one Quapaw in the household then the rest of the tribal members will NOT be eligible. If a minor child is in a non Quapaw living situation and they are the only Quapaw or the eldest child then they will be considered head of household.
If a minor child is living with a nontribal parent or legal guardian you must submit legal documentation stating placement of said minor child at the beginning of each funding cycle to be eligible to use services.
Utility assistance is described as the following:
- Natural Gas / Propane
- Utility Deposits
This service is for incurred costs and is PAY TO VENDOR ONLY for Head of Household's primary residence. No reimbursements. We do not pay for phone, cable, internet, satellite or cell phone bills.
Please submit the following:
- Completed application (signed and dated)
- The original bill (Complete with payment stub and dates of service. Submitting just the bottom or top portion of a bill will not be accepted) we do not accept copies or faxes.
- If the bill is not in the tribal members name please submit a notarized landlord or roommate/spouse form, along with the lease or rental agreement. utility bill is NOT in your name you MUST bring a valid DRIVERS LICENSE or PHOTO ID issued by the DMV with current physical address to verify proof of residency at the billing address on utility bill.
- If utilities are included in your rent you must provide a notarized copy of your lease or rental agreement, it must include the name of a contact person - a phone number and correspondence address. To receive utility assistance you must apply each month. The allotted utility assistance amount will be divided by 12 to determine amount payable.
- For 2016 application click here.