The Cooperative Institute for Limnology and Ecosystems Research (CILER), located at the University of Michigan, announces the 2017 Great Lakes Summer Fellows Program. This program is sponsored by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s Great Lakes Environmental Research Lab (GLERL). The Great Lakes Summer Fellows Program exposes students to a broad range of disciplines and provides an exciting opportunity for students to conduct research in the Great Lakes region under the mentorship of a CILER or GLERL scientist.
• We are offering eleven (11) full-time, twelve-week positions. Ten (10) positions are located at GLERL, 4840 South State Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48108; one (1) position is located at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC) Midwest Regional Climate Center (MRCC), 2204 Griffith Drive, Champaign, IL 61820. See position descriptions for location information.
• Positions will last for twelve weeks from the start date. The start date will be in early May, but this can be flexible (i.e., early June start) based selected candidate’s schedule or project needs
• We are seeking a diverse group of students; thus, we encourage students from groups traditionally underrepresented in the aquatic sciences discipline and workforce to apply.
• There is a stipend of $6,500 for the twelve-week period, paid in two installments of $3,250.
Applications must be submitted by 26 February 2017 at 11:59 pm (Eastern Time).
• The program is limited to currently enrolled undergraduate (juniors and seniors preferred) and graduate students. We will also consider post-baccalaureate or post-masters students who have graduated within the past 12 months (of your fellow position start date) if the position fits directly within a student’s career goals.
• You must be either a U.S. citizen or a foreign national who is residing in the U.S. on a current Student Visa.
• Immediate relatives of any CILER or NOAA-GLERL employees are not eligible to participate in this program, consistent with NOAA guidelines.
Visit the CILER website to apply: https://ciler.snre.umich.edu/opportunities/student-fellowships/