The government arm of the Quapaw Tribe of Oklahoma is governed by the Business Committee. The committee is comprised of seven members, each serving a two-year staggered term. The positions are elected / re-elected by a vote of registered tribal voters.
- Meetings are on the third Saturday of every month in the Community Building.
- Agenda Request must be submitted by the 3rd Wednesday of every month to have a chance at getting on that month’s agenda. (Example: If the meeting is on January 18th the request must be in by January 15th)
- All requests are on a first come, first serve basis.
- When requesting monetary assistance please supply an amount.(Note that if the BC chooses to assist, that amount is not guaranteed)
Agendas & Minutes
- The guest portion of the meeting shall be subject to a time limitation.
- If you need special accommodations, such as a projector, please inform the BC Clerk before the day of the meeting.
- The Quapaw Tribal Business Committee decides how they wish to address the matter, if they so choose.
- Before submitting ANY request please make sure you have exhausted all other options before coming to the Business Committee for assistance.
- Emergency Financial Assistance (EFA)
- Social Services
- Family Services
Agendas are available prior to the meetings.
Minutes are also available following approval. Please choose Agenda Center for all Agendas and Minutes. It is on the left side of the Home Page. Thank you. You can also get there by using this link
Agenda Request Form
- John Berrey, Chairman
- Callie Bowden, Vice-Chairman
- Tamara Smiley-Reeves, Secretary / Treasurer
- T.C. Bear
- Zackary Turley
- Lloyd Buffalo
- Marilyn Rogers
If there is an item you would like discussed at the business committee meetings, you may fill out and submit an Agenda Request Form.
We now have an additional form that you may choose to fill out for Organization Funding